June is the official month of s’mores, I’m calling it right now! And what better way to celebrate the start of summer than with S’more Vegan Donut Holes! They are baked in a mini muffin tin, so no special tools or excess oil necessary!
These Vegan S’mores Baked Donut Holes are absolutely the best thing I’ve ever made. Now, I know I maybe say this every time I post something… but it’s true, I swear! My fiance even said I have to make these at least once a week. Considering how easy they are for being a fancier dessert, I’m game.
A warm chocolate baked donut, topped with chocolate ganache, vegan marshmallow creme, and graham cracker crumbs.. how can it get any better? Oh, I know how. It’s packed with protein thanks to my favorite plant-based Designer Protein!!! (PS Code MAGGIE20 gets you 20% OFF!!!) Protein vegan donuts. Enough said!
The real question is, if you had to choose between normal donuts or donut holes, which would you choose?
I know I would choose donut holes. You get a better topping and glaze to dough ratio, and they are easier to make homemade. Once I invest in a donut pan, all bets are off. But for now, I love the affordability and ease of making donut holes! They are surprisingly fluffy for being vegan donuts and exceptionally moist.
Let me know what other donut flavors you would enjoy getting recipes for! Making homemade donuts is a really fun way to show someone you love them or a great way to make memories in the kitchen. So, I would love to continue making awesome donut recipes for you all.
As always, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maggiebakesgrace if you make a recipe or are inspired by the flavor combination so that you have a chance to be featured on my stories! The full recipe is down below.
Vegan Smores Baked Donut Holes
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup non-dairy greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein Designer Protein
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp chocolate almond milk if needed
Vegan Marshmallow Topping
- 1/4 scoop vanilla protein Designer Protein
- 1/4 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips melted
Graham Cracker Topping
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers of choice
- Beat together your vegan butter and yogurt. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder and sugar. If dough is too thick (it should be muffin batter consistency) stir in 1 tbsp chocolate non-dairy milk of choice.
- Once a consistent batter is formed, scoop batter into greased mini muffin tin. This recipe should make about 12 mini muffin sized donut holes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes and then let cool in tin.
Chocolate Ganache and Marshmallow Topping
- While donuts cool, melt your chocolate chips to make a sort of ganache. I did not need to add any extra coconut oil or vegan butter, but if your chocolate chips seize up, you can add an oil to get it melty.
- To make the marshmallow topping, just add all the marshmallow topping ingredients to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds then stir to fully combine until the marshmallows dissolve. Let chill to thicken.
- Once donuts have cooled enough to handle, dip tops in chocolate. Spoon over some marshmallow creme then top off with your crushed graham crackers! Enjoy!