If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this vegan cookie is for you! Even if you haven’t tried the brownie Crumbl cookies yet, you will love this remake. A thick chewy chocolatey brownie-like cookie stuffed with peanut butter? What’s not to love!
I’ve become really fond of vegan cookie remakes. (If you couldn’t tell, here’s all of my vegan cookies!) I feel like it’s not actually too difficult to get an egg replacement for cookies, and I recently found some great vegan butter options (which you can shop here!) Once you get those basics taken care of, vegan baking isn’t very difficult, nor is it expensive! In fact, lately my local vegan options have been less expensive than their animal by-product counterpart.
Veganism aside, this remake of brownie Crumbl cookies is delicious no matter what your dietary preferences are.
Unless you have a nut allergy, then I am sorry!! You could try this recipe with sunflower seed butter, as I am curious to see if that works but I haven’t tested it yet. So, nut allergies aside, this dairy-free and egg-free brownie cookie recipe is going to rock your world. It’s basically the best chewy brownie with a crackle topping in cookie form. It is miraculously fudgy but still holds together really well! Not to mention it is stuffed with a peanut butter filling. That is the best part in my opinion!
The topping of these vegan peanut butter brownie Crumbl cookies is easier than you ever would have imagined, too. It’s just melted vegan chocolate and melted peanut butter!
If you can’t decide between a brownie or a cookie, this brownie cookie is for you! As always, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maggiebakesgrace if you make this recipe or are inspired by the creation!
Catch the full recipe down below.
Vegan Peanut Butter Brownie Crumbl Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 tbsp softened vegan butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
PB & Chocolate Topping
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter melted
Brownie Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together your vinegar and baking soda to create a "vinegar egg". Meanwhile, grab a large mixing bowl. Add your vegan butter, sugar, and vinegar egg. Beat until smooth. Stir in the all the dry ingredients until almost smooth - then add the non-dairy milk last just until the consistency is moist enough to form soft dough balls.
- Once the dough is complete, let sit in fridge while you make your peanut butter filling.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat together all filling ingredients until smooth. Let sit in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Once dough and filling has chilled for a few moments, use a large cookie scoop to scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough. Divide that 1/4 cup chunk of dough into a 2/3 chunk and a 1/3 chunk. Flatten the 2/3 chunk into a 1/3 inch thick disc then add some of the peanut butter filling on top. Roll out the 1/3 chunk to cover the peanut butter filling to form one big cookie that is stuffed with peanut butter.
- Repeat that step until you're out of dough and pb filling. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes - DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let cool COMPLETELY before handling. The cookies will harden more when they cool.
- Once cookies have cooled, melt your chocolate chips and melt your peanut butter.
- Spoon 1/2 - 1 tbsp of each on top of each cookie and let cool completely to "harden". Store in fridge or at room temp. Enjoy!