Have you ever dreamt of eating cookies for breakfast? Well, your dreams are about to come true! This Vegan Blueberry Skillet Cookie is the best way to eat cookies for breakfast. This vegan skillet cookie is packed with plant-based protein, micronutrients from the blueberries, and tons of flavor. The texture is like if a moist blueberry muffin had a baby with a skillet cookie.
Blueberry muffins are the best muffin flavor, yeah? Like, nothing quite beats a Kwik Trip blueberry muffin. But this vegan blueberry skillet cookie is seriously as moist as those muffins but way more nutritious. Plus it’s vegan and gluten-free! I have so many fond memories of eating blueberry muffins on car rides to swim meets, my dad playing classic Rock music and me jamming out on my iPod shuffle. Now, I prefer to jam out on Spotify on my phone, no Rock music involved, but still all the blueberry muffins! Think of this vegan skillet cookie as the grown-up version of a Kwik Trip muffin. More nutritious, more effort, but also feels way better 2 hours later in your tummy thanks to it being vegan and gluten-free (if you’ve got intolerances like me!)
Now, I’ve posted many cookie recipes at this point on my blog, but no skillet cookies yet. Honestly, what a shame! Skillet cookies are actually one of my favorite things to bake because they are so warm, cozy, and easy to customize. Once you get a good base recipe, it is easy to switch up the flavorings and toppings to create a wonderful treat every time without fail!
The best part about this recipe is it can be dessert or breakfast! Or, it can be dessert for breakfast. Or breakfast for dessert! However you view it, your world is about to be rocked. Be sure to check out the recipe down below and tag me on Instagram if you try it!
Vegan Blueberry Skillet Cookie
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla plant based protein powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg replacements can use regular eggs if not vegan, otherwise use flax eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries NOT frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 4, 5" skillets or one 10" skillet with oil.
- Add your vegan butter, peanut butter, sugar, and protein powder to a bowl. Beat together until smooth.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients (except the blueberries) to the bowl. Beat together until smooth and evenly combined. Softly stir in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into skillet and bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Cook time may vary based on oven and skillet size. Let cool before enjoying!