Looking for an easy, comforting dessert or breakfast idea? Look no further than these Vegan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies! These vegan blondies are perfect for snacking, adding to yogurt bowls, and eating for breakfast or dessert! They are warm and comforting but also packed with plant-based protein. It’s a new household favorite, and my fiance can’t even tell they’re vegan!
There are a few reasons why I love these chocolate chip chickpea blondies. First of all, they only require a pan and a blender or food processor (shop my blender here!). You don’t even have to dirty a bowl if your blender is big enough! The less mess the better in this household. Secondly, they don’t taste “healthy” at all, yet they are very wholesome! Packed with plant-based protein from the chickpeas, these blondies make for a great fueling snack or dessert.
The best part of all? You can’t tell these chocolate chip chickpea blondies are vegan!
Seriously, when I made these for my fiance, he had no suspicion that there was plant-based butter and no eggs! Eggs tend to add such a lovely rich texture to baked goods, so it is crucial to add enough fats and other flavor to make up for it. The combination of peanut butter and vegan butter in this recipe is perfection, and you can shop my favorite brands at my Amazon store as well! If you can’t have peanut butter or don’t like it, get out of here. Just kidding. You can sub in whatever “butter” pleases you! I would recommend almond or sunflower seed butter then.
If you leave this post with anything, let it be a reminder that vegan food can be fun and easy!! It does not need to be expensive, scary, or time consuming. And, if chocolate isn’t your thing, be sure to check out my other blondies recipes on the blog!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup melted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8x8 pan with vegan butter.
- Blend together all the wet ingredients in a food processor or heavy duty blender until completely smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) until a consistent batter is formed.
- Pour batter into your greased baking pan. Top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 Degrees F for 40-45 minutes. LET COOL COMPLETELY before cutting and enjoying!