September is here! And that means one thing: it’s time for all the cozy flavors. There is nothing more comforting than a warm chai latte on a blustery Fall morning. Okay, there’s one thing. These Gluten-Free Chai Oatmeal Breakfast Bars!
Just look at that beautiful oat texture! These bars are essentially baked oatmeal but with tons of extra flavor, more chewy, and packed with even more goodness. The best part is, they can be vegan if you omit the collagen and they are packed with plant-based protein. And, they make the perfect Fall meal prep!
What is your favorite way to eat oatmeal?
If baked oatmeal isn’t your thing, then I dare you to try these gluten-free oat bars! They are more of a cross between a blondie and oatmeal than just straight up baked oatmeal, which is a more appealing texture for some people. These bars are moist and the warm notes of cinnamon and cloves with the spicy ginger work splendid together.
Chai Oatmeal Bars are a healthy Fall breakfast.
These oatmeal bars are healthy for the body and the soul! The most important thing to me is that the foods I share with you are easy to make, contain accessible ingredients, and are fun! Because of this, I want to share lots of cozy easy recipes with you this fall. Starting with these bars. The flavor of chai comes through in these bars in the most beautiful way. It reminds me of a gorgeous latte or cozy morning by the fire. Topped with vegan whipped cream, these are absolutely good for the soul. And, these may be considered healthy for your body. These oatmeal bars contain lots of complex carbs, healthy fats, and plant-based protein. Now, I’m no dietician, but I do know a yummy and filling breakfast when I see one.
As a reminder, if you are inspired by this recipe and make it or make something inspired by it, be sure to tag me on Instagram at maggiebakesgrace for a chance to be featured on my story! For the inspiration behind this recipe, check out Minimalist Baker. Catch my recipe below!
Gluten-Free Chai Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or other neutral nut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 scoop Doctor's Best Collagen
- 1 scoop Designer Protein vanilla plant based protein
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Grease a 7x10 baking pan (or 9x13 but bars will be thinner).
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla. Once smooth, stir in milk.
- Gently stir in all the dry ingredients until just combined. Add your collagen and protein here if desired.
- Add batter to greased dish and bake for 22-25 minutes
- Let cool, then cut and serve with vegan whipped cream or toppings of choice.