Nothing beats a classic pb&j. Okay, except these vegan peanut butter & jelly cookie sandwiches! Upgrade your usual vegan peanut butter cookies with this sandwich version. This vegan snack (and dessert) is so easy, tasty, and relatively more wholesome than you may initially think. I have downed an entire batch in 2 days because it is an excellent after school snack, pre-workout snack, or dessert!
Peanut butter is a staple in my diet. It has been since I was a kid. Thank goodness out of all my allergies, peanuts aren’t one of them! And I am sorry to anyone allergic to peanuts reading this post – but I welcome you to make these with almond butter! Peanut butter is very cost effective, can form a complete protein when paired with a whole grain, and honestly brings so much happiness. Especially when it’s combined with sugar!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are Happiness
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and no not the Uncrustables kind, were my FAV growing up. My mom always layered the peanut butter on nice and thick. I still prefer a 2:1 peanut butter to jelly ratio, and these vegan peanut butter cookie sandwiches match that ratio perfectly! My childhood self thanks me. And yours will too! Go ahead, make these for yourself, don’t feel like you have to share with anyone. After all, I ate the whole first batch myself! But, if you do feel like bringing some extra joy or yumminess to your friends and family, I highly recommend making them these.
I’ve already shared a decent amount of cookie recipes with you all on MaggieBakesGrace but this one is extra special. They are not only vegan but ALSO gluten-free, and they truly remind me of childhood. I feel so at ease when I enjoy one of these vegan peanut butter cookie sandwiches! Be sure to tag me on Instagram at maggiebakesgrace if you try the recipe for the chance to be featured on my feed!
Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp jam of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except jam to a medium bowl. Beat on high or fast-paced with a wooden spoon until ingredients fully combine into dough.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with all dough. Place dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Should make 8 cookies, for 4 sandwiches.
- Use a fork to make a criss cross pattern on each cookie. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes then add approx. 1 tbsp jam on top of 4 cookies then add the tops to each one. Enjoy!