Cinnamon rolls, meet Spring! Vegan cinnamon rolls don’t get much easier than this. These Vegan Orange Cinnamon Rolls are yeast-free and require no rising or down time. They are one of the tastiest vegan brunch ideas out there and the little extra citrus from the orange makes them transform from a cozy winter treat to a comforting spring delight.
The slight citrus flavor is truly beautiful with the sweetness of the brown sugar in these vegan orange cinnamon rolls. Can’t you just see the sparkling sugary buttery mixture spilling out and meeting the sweet citrusy icing? It’s a truly beautiful sight. And an even more beautiful smell! In my opinion, cinnamon rolls are one of the only foods that taste as good as they smell.
Why should you try these vegan cinnamon rolls?
Well, that seems like a silly question but the answer is simple: they will bring you comfort and joy in a short amount of time! I always try to make recipes that feel a little fancy but are actually relatively easy and don’t take much time. After all, free time is hard to come by nowadays! I strive to show you that eating vegan doesn’t need to be difficult. It doesn’t need to be hard to find the ingredients or expensive either! Eating vegan food can be fun, delicious, and nutritious. And what better way to show yourself or your family some love than with a fresh batch of vegan cinnamon rolls?!
Every Christmas morning, my family enjoys fresh baked cinnamon rolls. This citrusy twist is a way to bring the comfort of cinnamon rolls to your table year round. I love that there’s no yeast too, because I never have that on hand (inspiration from Creme de la Crumb). Be sure to tag me if you try it for a chance to be featured on my Instagram at maggiebakesgrace!
Vegan Orange Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice no pulp
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegan butter softened
- 1 orange zested
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp orange juice no pulp
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F and then make your dough.
- In a large bowl, add your almond milk, orange juice, and vegan butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until mixture is melted together.
- Add the rest of the dough dry ingredients and then stir together with a spoon just until a dough starts to form. Use your hands to form the dough into a cohesive ball, and then knead dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll dough out in 5x12 rectangle (does not need to be exact).
- Now create your filling. Add all filling ingredients to a small bowl and beat together until a spread texture forms. Spread the filling evenly on top of the flattened dough.
- Roll up dough into a giant spiral, using a typewriter motion with your fingers to ensure even rolling. Use dental floss or a sharp knife to cut 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Place rolls in a circle pattern in greased skillet. Bake rolls at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes then 350 degrees F for 15 more minutes (can do longer if you like a more done roll - I like mine soft).
- As the rolls are cooking, make your icing by adding all icing ingredients to a large bowl and beating together until a smooth icing forms. Refrigerate icing until the rolls are ready to be served.
- Top the fresh baked cinnamon rolls with the orange icing, serve, and enjoy!