Do you ever wake up in the morning craving chocolate? I do, basically every day! There is no better way to fix that craving than with this vegan and gluten-free cherry chocolate granola. It is a delicious healthy vegan snack on its own. It is also a great vegan breakfast idea when you pile it high with yogurt, cherries, and brazil nuts!
I mean seriously, does it get more gorgeous than that coconut bowl filled to the brim with non-dairy yogurt, chocolate granola, brazil nuts, and delicious bright cherries? It’s kind of like black forest cake, but for breakfast! And this chocolate granola, let me tell you!!!
When I say this is the best chocolate granola I’ve ever made, I mean it.
Okay, well, it’s tied with my Vegan Graham Cracker Granola. But it is darn good! I’ve recently discovered a secret ingredient to add to granola that is a total game changer. You’ll need to keep reading to find out what it is! In this chocolate granola, it brings the crisp and crunch to a whole new level! With this breakfast bowl, you get all of the flavors and textures you could want. Creamy non-dairy yogurt, fresh and fruity cherries, crunchy sweet granola. And when I say crunchy, I mean CRUNCHY! It’s a true match made in heaven.
I love the nutty & buttery flavor and texture that the brazil nuts add too! It’s a really tasty complement to the juiciness and sweetness of the cherries. I also recommend using a non-dairy yogurt for this bowl if you’re lactose intolerant like me and want to keep this a dairy-free breakfast. Cherry yogurt would be gorgeous with this bowl, but any flavor really will do!
If you aren’t convinced just by the photos, once you find out how easy the recipe is you will be!
Cherry Chocolate Granola Bowl
Chocolate Sea Salt Granola
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 servings non-dairy yogurt of choice
- 2 brazil nuts
- 1 bar chocolate of choice
Chocolate Sea Salt Granola
- Melt together the vegan butter, milk, cocoa powder, and sugar in microwave for 1 minute. Stir until sugar and cocoa powder dissolve to form one smooth mixture.
- Add in the oats, salt, and baking soda to the chocolate mixture. Stir to evenly coat.
- Spread oats mixture flat onto a baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Optional to add part of your chocolate to the granola after it bakes so it gets all melty.
Assembly of Granola Bowl
- Once granola cools, assemble your bowl.
- Add yogurt, cherries, granola, and more chocolate to a bowl. Enjoy!