As the weather finally heats up, what’s one thing you need in your life? This Cookies ‘n Cream Vegan Ice Cream – trust me, it’s good for the soul!
Now that temperatures are finally above freezing again, my body is craving a cool bowl of ice cream. 35 degrees and sunny? That’s shorts and soft-serve weather! I have so many fond memories with my family getting Dairy Queen or Culver’s on a warm summer night, that when Spring finally hits I simply can’t wait to relive those memories.
If asked, would you be able to list your top 3 favorite ice cream flavors? I know I can, and cookies ‘n cream is definitely on that list! There’s something so delicious about the creamy cookie filling blending with the creamy ice cream base and then contrasting with a sweet crunchy chocolate cookie. This vegan ice cream take on cookies ‘n cream has all of those wonderful flavor notes, while not being overpowered by a banana flavor! It also has an extra boost of protein thanks to the vanilla plant-based protein powder.
Why do you need this vegan ice cream in your life?
- This ice cream is packed with different flavors and textures
- You don’t need to go out to enjoy soft-serve
- It has some extra nutritional value while still being tasty!
I love a good treat that has some extra nutritional value to fuel my active lifestyle. What better way to get some protein than through a bowl of vegan ice cream?! Add in the delicious homemade or store-bought Oreo cookies (recipe coming soon!), brownie batter balls (based on my Brownie Bite recipe), and some extra creamy icing, and you’ve got yourself an ice cream bowl for the ages! I know Nutsola or some JOJOs chocolate would also be a delicious addition on top.
If you still aren’t convinced that you need this Cookies ‘N Cream Vegan Ice Cream in your life, make the recipe down below and see for yourself!
Cookies N' Cream Vegan Ice Cream
- 2 large bananas peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder plant based
- 3 Oreos or my homemade version
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-power blender.
- Blend together until completely smooth. Add more oat milk if necessary to blend.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice for soft serve. Freeze in a tupperware container for 1+ hours for a more scoopable ice cream.