So, we all know it’s Girl Scout Cookie season. And that means cookie galore! As someone who is constantly trying to create the best vegan cookie recipe, I couldn’t not recreate my favorite cookie: the Tagalong (aka Peanut Butter Patty)!
If you’ve ever had a Tagalong, you will be shocked at how similar these taste! No one will even be able to tell that this is a vegan cookie recipe! But if you’ve never been able to have a Tagalong either due to dairy allergies or being vegan then you NEED this Vegan Tagalong Copycat recipe! You no longer need to miss out on Girl Scout Cookie season. This copycat is the only vegan cookie recipe you need.
Now, why do I love Tagalongs or Peanut Butter Patties so much? Because I have an obsession with peanut butter & chocolate!! Seriously, the best flavor combination on earth. The proof is in how many recipes I have already created with peanut butter and chocolate on my Instagram feed.
It is such a freeing feeling to eat what you crave, and I am constantly craving these cookies. Part of my mission is to show you that even with food allergies or other past struggles, all food is fuel and can spread love and joy. Baking up a batch of these Vegan Tagalong Copycats is a sure way to live out that mission!
Why will you love these Vegan Tagalong Copycats?
- They are the perfect combination of crunchy cookie, smooth peanut butter filling, and sweet chocolate coating.
- They are easy to make and fun to eat!
If you aren’t convinced already, try these and then you will be! Be sure to leave a comment and rating down below if you make them. Also tag me on Instagram so I can share your remake on my story!
Vegan Tagalong Copycat
- microwave safe bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp nut milk almond
Peanut Butter Center
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp oil avocado or coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all shortbread ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until crumbs form.
- Squish the dough into one solid ball and then roll out into 1/4 inch thick slab.
- Cut little circles out of the dough (I used a shot glass)
- Place circles on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes depending on how big of circles you cut. Let cool.
Peanut Butter Center
- Mix together all three ingredients until a peanut butter dough forms.
- Form the dough into little patties the same size as your shortbread circles.
- Once shortbread is cooled, place one peanut butter center patty onto each shortbread circle.
- Let the shortbread + peanut butter set in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Dunk the shortbread + peanut butter center cookie into the chocolate to coat completely.
- Let cookies set in freezer. Store in freezer.